Friday, May 21, 2010

Do your boobs hang low?...

You know the song, Do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro'... Well it's the same song just with MY lyrics! My boobs definitely wobble to & fro'! LOL! I tend to make up songs depending on what is going on in our lives! It sort of makes whatever we are going through a little bit easier when you put it to music! [= SO since I was having my second mammogram last week I started started singing my song about my boobies! BOOBS, you either love them or hate them & if you have to get mammograms you probably feel the latter. Well am I am here to tell you that does NOT have to be the case any longer! I have had two PAIN FREE mammograms & want to share MY story with everyone. In my rush last year to get in & out of my very FIRST mammogram appt I never thought to check out the machine or ask the nurse about the technology they use there. You see I had heard TONS of horror stories from many women each saying oh how they hated getting their mammograms, how they had their boobs squished & mostly how much it hurt! So needless to say I freaked myself out and went in thinking the worst! All I remembered from that day was how much I had freaked myself out & that there was this "pillow" for my booby, in fact you can read about that adventure here! I never really looked at the machine or read the literature they had posted on the walls.All I remember thinking was that they say this is gonna hurt so I better brave! Next thing I knew my mammogram was over & there was NO pain! I was SO surprised to find out that all of those horror stories I had heard about were untrue! Well at least for me & now after mammogram #2 I believe the facility I went to made ALL the difference! You see the facility I go to uses what they call a Mammo Pad. It is like a temperpedic pillow for your boob to lay on. Now mind you these pads are not cheap & cost upwards of $10.00 per pad. But what I have found out is that some places charge YOU the patient to use this pad & I am proud to say that Wellington Regional does NOT. {FYI, They also have a coupon for a discount on getting your mammogram done there in the month of May!} I did some research & called around to other facilities near me & they do NOT use Mammo Pad's for EVERY mammogram. Why not?! I, as a patient, would choose a facility that was pain free over one that gave me pain! Wouldn't you?If you want more women of risk or women over 40 to take these preventative measures by getting their yearly scans then PLEASE do the math! Get Mammo Pads! I for one would check to see if the place I'm getting my mammogram at has them. You can do that by either calling the facility OR by checking out Mammopad.com. Here's some more interesting facts about these Mammo Pads, each pad is used only ONCE & better yet it's biodegradable!They have a sticky side to them that adheres to the machine so it stays in place. Once they finish taking those precious shot's of your boobies they peel the pad off & send it back to the company for them to recycle it! Cool huh?! So the next time your Doctor tells you that you need to have what you think is the dreaded Mammogram just think of me, make that appoitment & start singing...

Do your boobs hang low?...

4 comments:

Dividing My Time said...

Hey this is a super blog, and very helpful post!! I'm going to see what my local hospital says when I bring this in! Your life seems amazing!

Dianne said...

Haha! I sing that same song myself! Great blog - just saw the link from Mommy Bloggers on Facebook. Good to know I'm not the only one singing to/about my boobs.

Genevieve Richer said...

Happy MB feature day!!! You're a true Superchick and I'm thrilled to have found you! Awesome blog! ;-)

Minnesota Mamaleh said...

great post and super important share-- thanks! and lol at your song! music does, indeed, make everything a little easier to take! :)

Do NOT copy!