Sunday, December 16, 2012

cannot find the words...

After hearing about the tragic events that unfolded in New town, CT yesterday all I want to do is cry. Being a parent of four kindergardners made it even harder on my emotions. Why would anyone harm any innocent child? These parents did what they did every school day when they dropped their children off at school. Who would have thought that morning would be the last time they saw them alive? They go to school to learn, not to die. School should be a safe haven, a place where children should not have to worry about who might bust through the door wanting to harm them! Police officers are the ones that carry guns to protect us not a deranged man on a mission to kill. So I still sit here trying to wrap my brain around it. I have had many moments where all I do is cry. I don't know what to say to my children when they ask me why I'm crying. I don't know how or better yet what to tell my soon to be six year old children about this tragedy. I want to reassure them and myself that each day that we send them to school that they will be safe. I want to believe that senseless acts like this will never happen again & that no parent will have to deal with this again. I just...

cannot find the words...

0 comments:

Do NOT copy!