Friday, August 22, 2008

"D"....

These little people of mine have a WONDERFUL older brother Dustyn whom they affectionately nicknamed "D". They love him SO much. You have to realize that Dustyn was the only child for almost elevan years before these four little monsters came into the picture. You see we had tried to get pregnant for quite awhile & it just never happened. So once we actually got the news that we were pregnant we waited to make sure it "stuck" before telling Dustyn. PLUS we did not know how to tell him that he would not just be getting a brother or a sister. That this pregnancy was going to be different and his entire life would be turned upside down. The day finally came for us to spill the beans & tell him. We were at Grandma's, my mom's, house. We got out the words that he was going to be a BIG brother. He was excited & had a BIG smile on his face. I think this was something he needed to "grow up". Then we told him that I had FOUR babies in my belly not just one. Well, his face looked blank & his next statement was PRICELESS! He said, "All I wanted was ONE". I think about that moment when we told him to this day! Going from being the ONLY kid to one of five kids takes some adjusting. I am SO happy that out of the four he got a brother! I make a point to tell people that EVERYONE has a brother & EVERYONE has a sister. He is a GREAT big brother! Very attentive & loves them SO much! Our life is a CRAZY life and he is AWESOME in how he deals with all four of them. They look up to their older brother with love, ton's & ton's of love! He really enjoy's them but most of all I think he just love's it when they call him....

"D"....

0 comments:

Do NOT copy!