Saturday, September 19, 2009

a place like no other...

For years I have told people about my "list", the list of places I want to go & people I want to see before I died. These days they call it a "bucket list". I consulted & attained MANY items off this list BQ, before quads. I was a world traveler. Ask my nieces, they would get post cards from my many travels. Well those days are OVER! I am lucky if I can take a trip to the bathroom by myself let alone a trip to a far off place. LOL! Now that the tribe is getting older & I am getting feistier I have started making plans to take THEM places. When their "list" & mine cross paths I get excited! Since Camryn's godmother Marisa, one of my dearest friends, lives in MN, near the Mall of the America's I knew we would both get items checked off our lists! The Mall of the America's has been on my list FOREVER! It is one of those places that you just HAVE to see in person! It has four floors of shops, shops & more shops! PLUS it has a roller coaster & a buttload of rides like a carnival has. It is AMAZING! I am a shopper, I hate to admit it but I am. I just love to shop! Ok let me clarify myself, I can spend the day shopping even if I never buy a thing! I like to dream of the day when we win the Lotto & the lack of money is out of the equation FOREVER! Don't get me wrong, I can be frugal but I also like nice things, always have, always will. I would much rather save my $ for a NICE item then waste it on something crappy! SO when my dearest friend Marisa moved to MN I knew I would get to check off shopping at the Mall of the America's! WOO HOO! This trip took many failed attempts until the planets aligned just right & we actually boarded the plane & put our feet down on the Minnesota soil. Trust me when Marisa said we'd be spending the afternoon at the Mall of the America's I was psyched! The mall is HUGE! The section with all of the rides in it is done up with a Nickleodeon theme. There was Dora & even Sponge Bob coasters! I am NOT a roller coaster enthusiast at all! But being that this was a once in a lifetime trip I sat my butt down on the first roller coaster I saw. There I was flying through the sky on Sponge Bob! See the things you'll do when on vacation! LOL! One cool thing Marisa planned for us was lunch at the American Girl Bistro. You can actually eat with your doll sitting in a high chair at your table. WILD! If you have a daughter under the age of 10 then you know all about the American Girl & their ability to suck you in hook, line & sinker! We had such a fun time & the food was actually VERY yummy! Years ago I told myself when I had a daughter I would not fall for those gimmicks but there I was! After our yummy lunch I was searching the store for an "Itty Bitty" baby doll that looked just like Camryn. Yep I am one of "those" mom's now! ha! First off, they don't have a sandy blonde "Itty Bitty" with brown eyes! What is up with that!? They have the more expensive American Girl doll in practically any combo just not the "Itty Bitty" babies! When you are buying for four children you go the least expensive route. Instead of just getting a doll for Cam I decided getting a set of "Itty Bitty Twins" was the better deal. Getting two dolls means eventually I will have to get two more, YES, Brendan gets a doll too! I cannot leave him out! He likes dolls just about as much as his sisters. SO there I was being suckered in to buying "Itty Bitty Twins", a brown hair, brown eyed girl for Cam & a blonde haired, blue eyed boy for Bren. I have to admit they are pretty darn cute even if their clothes leave less to be desired. See once they get you to buy the dolls then there's the clothes & all the EXTRAS! CRAZY I tell ya! Needless to say Daddy was NOT a happy camper when he saw that receipt! LOL! This shopping adventure took place in...

a place like no other...


0 comments:

Do NOT copy!