Tuesday, August 10, 2010

4 little swimmers...

SO much has happened in the last week or so in regards to the tribe & swimming. I know that I have posted MANY times about how difficult & EXPENSIVE it has been to try to get all four of them swimming lessons. SO expensive that basically we just could not afford it so we have taught them ourselves. OK, actually their Daddy has taught them. I do not know exactly how he did it but he did! We went from having those Dollar Store swimmies {Even though they are cheap DON'T buy them!!}, to buying some AWESOME US Coast Guard approved "Puddle Jumper's", to FINALLY not wearing anything at all!!   


All I can say is that their Daddy has been VERY consistent & they are actually understanding what he's telling them. I think they listen to him more anyway! LOL! It's really been like a light went off & they finally got "it". My hubby is AMAZING! He has worked with them pretty much every night or every other night plus weekends on getting them to swim sans assistance. It was Avery, his "girl" that took to it first. I hate to admit it but she is our little daredevil so she will try anything at least once! Well it did not take her long to start LOVING it & she has been swimming without swimmies for over a week. Can you guess who our hold out was? It was actually a toss up between Cam & Bren. They were SO scared to part with their "life jacket" that they cried for a good part of an hour just at the thought of having to swim like a BIG kid! If it took Avery a day to learn this it took Lindsey a day and a half! She was right behind her sister in the swimming dept. In fact she can now do "tricks"! Yes, she calls it being a "mermaid". She will flip over as she is swimming to me. I think she looks like a "special" fish but if she thinks it's being a mermaid then it's being a mermaid! LOL! The best part is that she does all of this WITHOUT taking on water OR holding her nose! I am SO proud of her! In fact none of  them hold their nose. WOO HOO! I just hope that continues & they don't get to where they need to hold it! Fast forward to today when it was just them & me in the pool. Yes, Call me crazy but this is usually how it goes, them & me! {FYI, I make sure I have a cordless phone nearby just in case!} They were jumping in from our spa to swim to me. It's sad because they are really growing up! sniff sniff... I cannot tell you who was the fastest or kicked the hardest to swim to me! It was CRAZY! I felt like we were like this well oiled machine that ran SO fast! As soon as one child asked "Can I swim to you Mommy?" and took off the next child was right there in the wings about to take off themselves. {FYI, I make them ask to swim to whomever so no one, mostly ME,  is ever unprepared to have a kid headed in their direction! [=} Picture this times FOUR & they kept going turn after turn! I do not know who was more tired, them or me! What's even crazier is that by looking at all four of them you would never even know that one started swimming before the other one. They all look just like...
 



4 little swimmers...

0 comments:

Do NOT copy!